“It is time — past time — to make plain that, while the pandemic poses many grave challenges, there is no world in which the Constitution tolerates color-coded executive edicts that reopen liquor stores and bike shops but shutter churches, synagogues, and mosques,” Justice Neil M. Gorsuch
April 1 Statewide Stay-at-Home Order edict issued for Pennsylvania
Governor Tom Wolf to unveil color-coded plan to reopening … April 22, 2020
Governor Tom Wolf and Secretary of Health Dr. Rachel Levine are expected to unveil a color-coded plan to reopening the Commonwealth. Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to …
The following is excerpted from the Wolf and Levine color-coded scheme for the people of Pennsylvania:
On March 23, Governor Wolf and Dr. Levine began the process of issuing additional stay-at-home orders based on county cases and modeling of the possible spread.
Timeline of County Stay-at-Home Orders:
- March 23 Allegheny, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Monroe, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties;
- March 24 Erie County;
- March 25 Lehigh and Northampton counties;
- March 27 Berks, Butler, Lackawanna, Lancaster, Luzerne, Pike, Wayne, Westmoreland and York counties;
- March 28 Beaver, Centre, Washington counties;
- March 30 Carbon, Cumberland, Dauphin and Schuylkill counties;
- March 31 Cameron, Crawford, Forest, Franklin, Lawrence, Lebanon, Somerset counties; and
- April 1 Statewide Stay-at-Home Order.