Philadelphia sex offender, 47, is charged with abuse of a corpse after ‘deep-fried’ human hands and feet are found in trash bags at the home of 70-year-old massage therapist
- Taray Herring, 47, charged with abuse of a corpse and burglary charges, as well as counts of criminal trespass, theft, and evidence-tampering
- Herring was arrested after police pulled over U-Haul and driver told them: ‘I didn’t do it, it wasn’t me. I was paid to move a body’
- Police found man’s dismembered body in the back of the truck and on property of masseuse Peter Gerold, identified by neighbors as suspected victim
- More human remains were found in nearby dumpster, including deep-fried human hands and feet
- Animal control seized more than 60 exotic animals, including parrots and bearded dragon lizards, from Gerold’s home
By Snejana Farberov For Dailymail.com – Published: 16:02 EST, 15 February 2021
A registered sex offender from Philadelphia has been arrested in connection with human body parts, including deep-fried hands and feet, that were found in the back of a U-Haul truck, inside a burglarized home and in a dumpster.
Taray Herring, 47, was arraigned on Saturday on abuse of a corpse and burglary charges, as well as counts of criminal trespass, theft, and evidence-tampering. He was ordered held without bail.
Police responding to a burglary call in the 1000 block of Sanibel Street in the Somerton neighborhood at around 9am on Thursday followed a U-Haul truck that drove away from the property. Herring was the passenger in the vehicle.
‘Driver side door opened up, driver came out with his hands up and said, I didn’t do it, it wasn’t me. I was paid to move a body,’ Philadelphia Police Sgt. Eric Gripp said, reported Philadelphia Inquirer.