May 25, 2021 – Like many other American cities, Atlanta is struggling with a spike in violent crime, including a 58 percent increase in homicides last year — the likely result, researchers say, of the pandemic’s strain on at-risk populations, as well as institutions like courts and police departments.
This is the latest brazen act of violence in New York City – where shootings have skyrocketed since the pandemic gripped the country.
- A masked gunman opened fire in the Bronx Thursday evening and nearly shot two innocent children in the process
- The victim, a man in a red sweater who police believe was the intended targeted, is seen in surveillance footage trampling the kids when he tried to run away
- At one point, all three were on the ground and trying to avoid the hail of gunfire
- The man was shot multiple times but is still alive, according to the NYPD
- Both children were miraculously unharmed and have no relation to the victim
- Crime continues to soar in New York City, and the violence is becoming more brazen and public