A US Capitol Police officer broke down in tears… during a House hearing about the January 6 riot at the Capitol.
All three suspects have been taken into custody, according to police. Their names have not been released [nor apparently their race] as of late Sunday.
- Ella French, 29, was fatally shot during a traffic stop Saturday
- She had just returned from maternity leave and leaves behind a two-month-old
- Her male colleague is ‘fighting for his very life,’ a police spokesman said
- The pair were fired upon after a vehicle carrying two men and a woman had been pulled over in the South Side of Chicago
- Two suspects have been arrested and a weapon seized; a third is on the run
- The officer is the first to be shot and killed in the city since December 2018
- All three suspects in the shooting have been taken into custody by CPD
- Ten people killed and 64 were wounded in Chicago gun violence this weekend
- Incidents included two mass shootings at two separate nightclubs
Published: 02:13 EDT, 8 August 2021 | Updated: 07:28 EDT, 9 August 2021
Chicago police have arrested all three suspects in the fatal shooting of a 29-year-old female police officer who was killed during a traffic stop on the South Side as the nation’s third largest city grapples with yet another weekend of deadly gun violence.
Ella French, the 29-year-old officer who had just returned to active duty from maternity leave, was killed and her partner was seriously wounded during the armed confrontation with three suspects.
French is survived by a two-month-old daughter. She was one of 10 people killed and 64 wounded by gun violence throughout Chicagoland over the weekend.