The U.S. immigration system protected the illegal immigrant from being deported, who protected the victim?
Ngoy entered the US on a student visa in 2012, but remained after the visa was terminated in 2015, and was protected from deportation by the immigration system despite multiple convictions, according to Fox News.
- Alleged rapist Fiston Ngoy, 35, has been present in the US illegally since 2015
- He overstayed student visa and was not deported after criminal convictions
- Ngoy was arrested and charged with raping a woman in public in Philadelphia
- Police say bystanders did nothing but pull out their phones and film the attack
- Finally an off-duty transit worker intervened and called for police help
- Ngoy claimed he knew the woman and sex was consensual, which she denied
- ‘I have no words for it,’ said Upper Darby Police Superintendent Timothy Bernhardt, who called passenger’s lack of action ‘disturbing’
- The victim was taken to a nearby hospital to be treated for injuries she suffered