Ted Cruz tears into the Biden administration for playing ‘pandemic politics’ after Fauci admitted the number of children being hospitalized ‘with COVID’ is inflated because they ‘may be going in with a broken leg’
- Fauci told MSNBC a child ‘automatically’ gets tested for COVID at a hospital
- It means they get counted as a ‘COVID-hospitalized’ individual no matter what
- They could test positive after going in with a ‘broken leg or appendicitis’
- Cruz responded by saying in a tweet: ‘Now Fauci says this? Is this because pandemic politics have changed for the Biden admin?’
- Fauci’s controversial comments came as the number of children in hospital with COVID soared to an average of 334 per day
- The US smashed another world record with 647,067 new infections on Thursday
By Dailymail.com Reporter Published: 08:09 EST, 31 December 2021
Ted Cruz has criticized the Biden administration after the president’s Chief Medical Advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci admitted there was a difference between the number of children hospitalized ‘with COVID’ as opposed to ‘because of COVID.’
Fauci told MSNBC on Wednesday night: ‘If a child goes into the hospital, they automatically get tested for COVID and they get counted as a COVID-hospitalized individual, when, in fact, they may go in for a broken leg or appendicitis or something like that.
‘So it’s over counting the number of children who are, quote, hospitalized with COVID as opposed to because of COVID’.