MAGA turns on Trump for endorsing Dr. Oz: Supporters tear into TV star’s past comments on abortion and transgender issues after ex-president gave him prized backing in Pennsylvania Senate race
- Some of former President Donald Trump ‘s most vocal allies are grumbling over his decision to back Dr. Mehmet Oz in the Pennsylvania Senate race
- Conservatives were quick to point out that Oz previously expressed support for Roe v. Wade and had highlighted transgender children on his TV show
- ‘This is not very conservative, Doc!’ said Human Events’ Jack Posobiec, a Pennsylvania native, sharing footage of Oz’s episode on transgender kids
- Trump had originally backed Sean Parnell, who pulled out of the race amid a custody dispute with his ex-wife, with a judge finding abuse allegations credible
- Parnell tweeted ‘hell no’ upon hearing of Trump’s Saturday night endorsement. ‘You’re not a conservative. You’re not even from Pennsylvania,’ Parnell said
- Conservative pundit Erick Erickson blasted Trump’s inner circle for ‘sabotaging’ the ex-president by giving him bad advice
- The Washington Examiner’s Pennsylvania-based writer Salena Zito interviewed a number of grassroots GOP activists who were annoyed by Trump’s pick of Oz
Published: 15:45 EDT, 11 April 2022 | Updated: 16:40 EDT, 11 April 2022
Conservatives on Twitter were quick to point out that Oz previously expressed support for Roe v. Wade, the landmark Supreme Court case that legalized abortion nationally, and dedicated an episode of his long-running television show to transgender children.
‘This is not very conservative, Doc!’ commented Jack Posobiec of Human Events, a Pennsylvania native, sharing vintage footage of Oz’s episode on transgender kids.
Posobiec also called Oz the ‘Romney of PA’ and highlighted an Oz tweet from 2018 in which the television personality says the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention should partake in a gun violence study.
Trump had originally backed Sean Parnell, who pulled out of the race amid a custody dispute with his ex-wife, with a judge finding her abuse allegations credible.
Parnell started criticizing Trump’s endorsement of Oz in the hours following the statement’s release.