The White House has not yet commented on the Guardsman’s disappearance.
Search resumes for Texas National Guard soldier, 22, who disappeared while attempting to save two migrants suspected of narcotics trafficking who were crossing the Rio Grande river
- Authorities continued searching for a missing Army guardsman on Saturday
- The soldier, 22, jumped into the Rio Grande on Friday to save drowning migrants
- Officials will continue their search until they ‘exhausted all available resources’
- Police say the migrants were involved in illicit transnational narcotics trafficking
- They were safely rescued and are now in custody of border patrol
- It is unclear if the soldier knew of their alleged criminal activities