- Dong Jingwei is believed to have fled to the US with his daughter on February 10
- He was a career spy and was recently promoted as chief of counter-intelligence
- If report confirmed – he is highest-level defector in history of People’s Republic
- Dong reportedly gave evidence on Wuhan lab that prompted Biden’s about-face
- Sources claim Chinese officials demanded Dong’s return at summit in Alaska
Dong Jingwei, vice minister of State Security, may have defected to the U.S. with information about the Wuhan lab. His defection, if confirmed, would be the highest ever from China.
Red State reported that Dong’s defection pushed U.S. officials to question Fauci’s approach.
‘Sources say the level of confidence in the defector’s information is what has led to a sudden crisis of confidence in Dr. Anthony Fauci, adding that U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) personnel detailed to DIA have corroborated very technical details of information provided by the defector,’ it said.
Dong’s defection, if it happened, may never be confirmed.
Fauci, the nation’s top public health expert, is now facing scrutiny over what he knew, when – and whether he was always straight with the public.
His critics, mainly Republicans, accuse him of downplaying the ‘lab leak’ theory because it was promoted heavily by Donald Trump.
The critics also argue that Fauci did not want to admit at the time that U.S. taxpayers’ money was spent on the Wuhan lab.
He has since confirmed that $820,000 was given to the lab, over six years, to fund their research into coronaviruses.
Fauci justified the spending when quizzed on it before Congress last month, insisting that it was vital to understand coronaviruses coming from bats, and the bats were in China.